Welcome to my blog! Like most times I try and write diaries, emails and all things which require words on paper, I get really in to it for about a day and then I lose interest... this time I hope it will be different...

You can help by leaving me comments on things I write.. If I know you've been reading that will give me motivation to keep writing :)Not sure what it will say, thoughts of the moment, things I've been doing perhaps, but most of all its my life in New York, my NY second, so hop on board for the ride :)

Monday, September 15, 2008

Apologies for not writing more sooner, but well, two reasons... one... i have been really busy... and two... things are becoming a normal part of life now that I feel silly writing about them!

Gail and Dave have been in town lately and we had a lot of fun! My first long term guests in town (if 5 days is a long time...) and I got to take them to lots of cool places... it was so nice to have familiar faces around and talk to them about how i am finding life here.. and it made me realise how proud i am of myself... (stop laughing at me...) I think I've done pretty well over the past two months, fitting into life over here... no major dramas, got everything in order, got a roof over my head...made some friends and am having a great time doing it... so for the moment im pretty happy... they asked me how long i would stay here, my response was as long as I'm still enjoying it I'll be staying...scarily I can't imagine moving home any time in the next 2 years... but don't hold me to that.. .and i will be visiting! Anyway, back to Gail and Dave, we had a great time traipsing around the city.. from piano bars where the waitresses sing, to fancy hotel rooftops, tasti-d-lite and underground lairs.. it was a hectic week with little sleep but hey thats what New York is all about!

This week Gila is in town and time to do it all over again :)

No comments: