Welcome to my blog! Like most times I try and write diaries, emails and all things which require words on paper, I get really in to it for about a day and then I lose interest... this time I hope it will be different...

You can help by leaving me comments on things I write.. If I know you've been reading that will give me motivation to keep writing :)Not sure what it will say, thoughts of the moment, things I've been doing perhaps, but most of all its my life in New York, my NY second, so hop on board for the ride :)

Saturday, August 2, 2008

NY Living

I now have a home... my very own apartment in the East Village (well im sharing, but half of it is mine I guess!) Im loving it more and more as time goes on, and even though my room is small I am greatly appreciating the large living areas! Apartment hunting was an experience in itself, you meet all kinds of freaks and strange living conditions... one place I saw was a large room seperated by a bookshelf, me on one side, her on the other... hello privacy!!

Anyway I was lucky I found my home after 5 inspections, one girl I bumped in to had seen over 30!! Understandably everyone is out to get the best they can for their money, rent is expensive and you pay more for each added luxury, a first floor apartment, furnishes, a kitchen, a living room (yes some have the living room converted into a bedroom), a bathroom just for your apartment and so on, you even pay more for an exposed brick wall, its very chic over here to have one... I've got exposed pipes.. I wonder if that is costing me more...

Today was getting organised day! I waited for my bed to arrive and then i took the bus to IKEA... like every other store in this city, yes it is massive, so big infact i think it should have its own postcode... cos im a bit of an organisational freak i had already checked out the website and had a list of everything i wanted to buy...did my stuff came home and then came the fun part of assembling... I did pretty well... as usual I had one screw left over at the end, not sure what its for but my chest of drawers looks great, and my little room is taking shape :) When I'm happy with the way it is looking I'll post some pics...

6 comments:

gils said...

Marissa...your blog is awesome! I am getting so excited about coming to visit you!

Anonymous said...

try not too buy too many things or you wont be able to fit inside the room! :)

Anonymous said...

kaf: rissole! im so excited.... ur blog is a great, and whats best is that work doesnt block it!

Unknown said...

Riss....hope you are having a good time....make sure you go to 770 - crown heights while you are there. It is the Jerusalem of America!!!

Anonymous said...

love the blog- can't wait to squash into your tiny room hopefully sometime soon- we miss you!!!
L&J

Unknown said...

see you in december!!!! wahoooooooooooo x x x