Welcome to my blog! Like most times I try and write diaries, emails and all things which require words on paper, I get really in to it for about a day and then I lose interest... this time I hope it will be different...

You can help by leaving me comments on things I write.. If I know you've been reading that will give me motivation to keep writing :)Not sure what it will say, thoughts of the moment, things I've been doing perhaps, but most of all its my life in New York, my NY second, so hop on board for the ride :)

Friday, August 1, 2008

You want it? You can have it!

Ok, so of course the first thing I am going to write about is shopping... surprise surprise... so any thing you can ever imagine is available to buy in this city... not only is it available to buy, but you're guaranteed to find it in every colour, size and variation imaginable... department stores are not 3 floors high, they are 13 stories... shoe stores are the size of Campbells Cash and Carry, every celebrity has a clothing line in their name, JLo, Jessica Simpson, MaryKate and Ashley, you walk into Abercrombie and Fitch (after queuing around the corner on a regular day!) to see all the lights dimmed and the option to have a photograph with the topless staff members (only the guys...) you start to forget that they actually sell clothes, even Ralph Lauren's daughter Dylan has her very own Dylan's Candy Store, the Prada store has a $25,000 briefcase for sale in their window (yes I asked) and THE Calvin Klien can make you your very own signature number... just walk into his 5th avenue store! ...amazing... slightly sickening, still working out where I stand on the issue but for the moment I'll keep my Macy's 11% tourist discount voucher close at hand...

Trivia: Did you know Macy's was the world's very first department store? The owners of the store died on the Titanic! (they were the ones in the movie who gave up their seats on the life boats and went down on the ship, dressed in their tails and tophats...)

No comments: