Welcome to my blog! Like most times I try and write diaries, emails and all things which require words on paper, I get really in to it for about a day and then I lose interest... this time I hope it will be different...

You can help by leaving me comments on things I write.. If I know you've been reading that will give me motivation to keep writing :)Not sure what it will say, thoughts of the moment, things I've been doing perhaps, but most of all its my life in New York, my NY second, so hop on board for the ride :)

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Central Park

Today I ventured in to Central Park, my first actual entrance to the park since I've been here.. I went with some friends to Summer Stage a series of free concerts in the park all summer long.. we saw Jamie Lidell, an r 'n' b, bit of soul, strange mouth noises singer... impressed that i know that?
Anyway it was no Jazz in the Domain, the grass was fake (like the rest of the park, it is all man made..) and the ground was hard (probably concrete as opposed to soil)...but the sun was shining and it was a bit of NY culture..

Still unpacking my room... so close to complete... i bought myself a bit of a present on craigslist, i wanted a beanbag and this girl was selling this really cheap.. I kinda misjudged its size and when i met her I was like, there is nooo way i can take that on the subway! anyway got in a cab and now its found its place in my bedroom.. and if you come visit you can even sleep on it.. its the size of a bed!! you can see it here..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maris!
the blog is great! sounds like you are having a great time. How did the gig in Central Park compare to Brian Wilson?
Jules xx

Marissa Frydman said...

the good vibrations will never be topped... :P
i wonder if brian wilson will appear somewhere here!